April 6, 2015

My last week in Camarillo!


Hi guys!

Well, it's been a good run here in Camarillo. I have absolutely loved these past six months and have learned so much.. I'm sad to be leaving this ward and the people here. I have really grown to love so many people here and this area, but I also look forward to the experiences I will have in Ojai and the people I will met there! I'm white-washing in with my new companion sister Scoresby. They put hermana's in the area just for this past one transfer and they were doing English and Spanish work, but there is not a lot of Spanish work there, so they are putting us in! We both won't know the area, so it will be an adventure :) I'm pretty excited to go in blinded because we'll be able to come in with new ideas, especially with working with the members there.

My last week in Camarillo was GREAT!

Miracles from this week:

- Michael got the priesthood and his calling. He invited his mom, Janet to take the lessons  and the sister's will meet with her this week!! He's solid.

- Sister Felix let me know that Ben and Natalie (from SB) Were baptized! :) SO neat to hear.

- We received a referral for a part-member family. Kenny is the member and President Ezra Taft Benson is his great uncle.. Sally Benson is his grandmother! He's been less-active for awhile, but has the desire to come back. Kenny's girlfriend, Julie is not a member, but she is interested in the gospel.. the sister's will begin to teach them.

- Heather, Enrique, Eduardo, and Mike are all doing awesome and progressing so well!

There are plenty more and so many tender mercies to be grateful for, but I am out of time! I love this work and am so grateful for the experiences I have been blessed with and the people that have been placed in my life.. The Lord answers our prayers and speaks to us through others. I know that to be true! I know that this is the work of the Lord and it can only be done in his way.

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 "And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words or man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the spirit and of power: that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God."

The spirit is the teacher and the converter.

Love you all!!
Also, Shout-out to my dear trainer who is engaged! So happy for you guys :)  And a Happy birthday to my old man. You don't look a day over 30 dad.

Sister James
3-9-2015






 

The Zurcher family
Sister Zurcher

making chiles rellenos



 
hang loose!
Saying goodbye to Sis Knight
The Steele family
 
Transfers









 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment