April 6, 2015

Every week just gets better!


Family!

Every week just gets better! COOLEST MIRACLE: Last week when we were doing our p-day shopping in Ventura, I ran into Robert!! I taught him at the very beginning of my mission. He has always had a special spirit about him and was So prepared to hear the gospel, but he has such a different light about him now.. He is preparing to receive the Melchizedek priesthood and his patriarchal blessing. He has a calling and has never been happier! It was priceless.. I loved having that opportunity to see him so happy :)

We had a lesson with our investigator Woody and he brought his friend along, JC. When we walked up, I saw a stack of books and glanced and saw "Joseph Smith" I was thinking.. "OH no" thinking it was anti material, I felt unsettled about it right away.. We later found that his books were earlier writings of the church from Brigham Young and Joseph Smith. Although it was church doctrine, he was taking it completely out of context and trying to bash with us. We testified of what we knew.. Sister Scoresby was so great. She testified with love and boldness of the prophet Joseph Smith and the restoration and cultivated an environment where the spirit could soften his heart! (Or at least try)  I share this experience because we had the women's broadcast right after and it was centered on the important responsibility we have of defending the truth. I felt that the Lord was speaking directly to me, through our inspired leaders. We have found the truth.. we know what is right and we must boldly defend it. The gospel is being attacked.. the family is being attacked and we have the opportunity to stand up for what is right. I loved the women's broadcast.. it was amazing! I was truly reminded of my worth as a daughter of my Heavenly Father.

We met with a less-active family, The Hannington's. We planned on watching the restoration video with them. It was so perfect because their son's friend, Dane, sat in on the lesson. Dane lives with them at this time due to family issues and he has sincere questions about religion and our faith. He hasn't had much of it in his family or life, but has such a good heart.. He had so many questions and we sat back and let the Hannington's testify and teach. It was neat to see the light in their eyes and the strengthening that came to both them and Dane as they testified of the restoration and the Plan of Salvation. We're looking forward to meeting with them this week!

The Mitchell's are still doing great! Shirley really enjoyed the women's broadcast and all she is learning and experiencing. She is more than ready to be baptized! In His timing :)

 
President and Sister Felix came and spoke in the Ojai ward! They are so amazing and inspired.. The focused their talks on preparing for general conference and the importance of taking what we learn and applying it to our lives and remembering the messages. We also watched an Easter video the 3rd hour centered on the atonement.. It was so powerful and I couldn't help but feel the Love of my savior... I know that he died for ME. He knows our challenges, weaknesses, temptations and pains.. he knows how to succor us. His love never fails. I had so many opportunities to be spiritually fed this week and learned so many things.. This work is not easy.. but it was never, ever easy for him. I'm so grateful for the experience I have to Rely on the enabling power of the atonement because I would never be able to do this work on my own.. I'm truly coming to know my savior!

I love you all. Thank you for your prayers!

Sister James
3-30-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment