April 6, 2015

Michael is baptized!


Hi family! :)

This past week was incredible.. I love this work!

Michael was baptized and confirmed! He had great support from the ward and there were many people at his baptism. He shared his feelings and testimony in gospel principles class yesterday. He said, "I wasn't baptized because everyone said that it would be a good thing and that I was ready, I was baptized because the Lord told me that it was right.. this is his true church." He's great.. His confirmation and blessing were very powerful and we're grateful that so many were in attendance to feel the spirit that was there. If it be God's will, we hope he decides to serve a full-time mission… he would bless many lives!

I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with sister Nicholas this past week.. she served here for six months before I came to this area, so it was great! We met with Enrique and we were able to talk with him about how far he's come.. that it has been a process and he made it to baptism!  Now he just needs to keep pressing forward, not back pedal. He knows he needs to come, he told us he has just been making excuses. By the end of our lesson, he told us to save up our money for a plane ticket because he's determined to go to the temple next November... we know that members will be key in helping him stay active, so we're making an effort to involve them.

 Heather is really struggling with some things, especially with her divorce.. A member of our ward, sister price has a lot in common with her and has experienced similar struggles. She came with us to our lesson this past week and they were able to connect fast..  The ward is so great about reaching out to our investigators! Heather received a priesthood blessing yesterday after church. Although she's struggling, she told us that the gospel is giving her hope and light and that it's keeping her stable. We're really focusing on the atonement with her and helping her understand how she can rely on the savior through these difficult times. Yesterday in church she leaned over to us and said, "I still can't believe I'm here... One year ago, I never would've stepped foot into church." ANY ONE can change... I know that is true. The atonement covers all.

 We had zone conference this past week, which was amazing. The whole time I was thinking about how I wish our investigators could have been there and felt the spirit as each of the missionaries testified of the Living Christ! It was so powerful. We focused on "The living Christ" and standing as a witness of him, at all times, in all things, and in all places. We received our new focus attribute: Faith in Jesus Christ. I have doubts and worries, and lack faith at times, so I look forward to putting an extra emphasis on developing this attribute and striving to draw strength from the savior, rather than myself.  I know that our savior lives... he submitted to the Father's will with perfect love. He knows our struggles.. because he has felt everything we felt, he knows how to succor us. There's a difference between knowledge and understanding.. before my mission, I knew the enabling power of the atonement was real, but I have come to understand just a glimpse of how it works. I don't think we will ever be able to comprehend or completely understand the miracle of the atonement, but we can come to understand it better as we rely on Christ in this life. He walks with me in his work and it is my calling to walk with our investigators and utilize to atonement to understand them and love them as he does. I'm so grateful for the love of my savior! I know that he lives.

 "He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come.. God be thanked for the matchless gift of his divine son."
I love you all!
Sister James

Michael's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment