July 17, 2015

Find yourself in losing yourself!


Family!

First off, happy Independence Day! We have so many freedoms and opportunities to be grateful for. Our 4th was awesome. We decided to walk all day since everyone was out and about! We had so many teaching opportunities! Our investigator, Kaya who is preparing for baptism on August 1st is progressing really well! Since she is 11, we decided to make her a baptism book! We decorated it, included some church activities, and made a calendar that she can place stickers on for every day that she reads her scriptures and prays. She was so excited about it! She's a cutie.

After hearing about the passing of President Packer, I decided to look through each of his talks from General conference. In almost all of his talks he focuses on repentance and refers to the verse in D&C 58:42. "The lord remembers our sins no more." He loves the savior and reading his words helped me come closer to my Christ this week. I know that the atonement of Christ has the ability to change not only our behavior, but our very nature I'm grateful for prayer.. One of my companions who is now home sent me something that the Lord knew I needed. Because this thought helped me, I thought I would share it and maybe it will help someone reading.

"You know what, God answers prayers. He doesn't always answer them in the time frame that we think or wish he will, but he always does. Don't allow yourself to be repetitious or give half effort in your prayers because they WILL help you feel fulfilled and you will have every power in heaven pulling for you. Give it all up to your investigators first and the rest will follow that. "

You find yourself in losing yourself!

My love for these people and my Heavenly Father is growing every day. I'm so grateful to be his servant, witness, and disciple. It is such an honor and blessing!

 

I love you all! Thanks for your prayers :)

Sister James

The ultimate companionship!

 


Happy 4th of July!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment