December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas!


FAMILY!
It's been quite the week!! Transfer meeting was so powerful.. I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to go to this one. There were many testimonies shared and we received amazing counsel from President and Sister Felix. My new companion is so great!

Sister Angimarau (a lot of people call her sister A) is from Christmas Island in the pacific islands and her language is I-Kiribati.. so she has learned English on her mission! We've already had a lot of fun... she's been teaching me her language and I taught her “Rudolph the red nose reindeer” and shared her first experience eating Wendy's haha. She has an amazing singing voice, so we've been singing to every one we meet and caroling with the members as well! She is so humble and sweet and I have already learned so much from her love for people and our savior already. I really look forward to this transfer with her!

 We did a lot of finding this week and focused on sharing "The Gift." People seem to be more receptive at this time of year, which has been nice! We're focusing on finding new investigators. Unfortunately, Charlie dropped us this week :( He called us and dropped us over the phone.. he said he did some "Research" and that the church is not for him. We went over and tried to help him have the desire to continue to meet.. and address his concerns .He said he doesn't have the desire to change and that it's just not for him.. he tried to give his Book of Mormon back, but we refused ha! We had a good discussion, and as disappointed as we were.. I know that trusting in the Lord's will and his timing is the best thing we can do at this point. He always provides a way if we are faithful and place our trust in him!

 On a brighter note, Dave came to church this week! And Eduardo wants to be baptized! He will be going to the Philippines and so he wants to do it when he returns in a month! He's 86.. it is never too late to follow the example of Christ :) We visited with him this week and he knows the Book of Mormon stories better than some member's. He's been reading it every day since he received it in 2001.. So crazy! There are no coincidences. I know the Lord placed him in our path for a reason.

 We did a lot of caroling this week, which was fun!  We also helped out with the mudslides in Camarillo springs. Several homes were just destroyed... I will have to send pictures next week, when I have more time. We were happy to have the opportunity to help out!

 I'm so grateful to be serving the Lord at this time! What better time to testify of our savior, than this Christmas season. Something that was really emphasized to me this past week was that we can't do it on our own, but in his strength, we can do ALL Things. The atonement combined with our faith can carry us and shape us into what our Heavenly Father would have us be. Our Savior knew his purpose and he did the will of his father because he loves us perfectly. I'm grateful for the experiences that help me draw closer to him! He lives!

I hope everyone enjoys their Christmas :)

HE is Christmas.
Love you!!
Sister James
12-22-2014
My new companion sister Angimarau
 
Our Christmas tree


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment