December 29, 2014

Camarillo for Christmas!

Hey Family!
 
So, as you can tell from the subject line.. I'm staying in Camarillo!! :) unfortunately, they're splitting up the JAMES BROWN :( Sister Brown is getting transferred to Thousand Oaks.. just over the hill! She will do great things there! I don't know my new companion, but she just finished training. I look forward to serving with here and the things I will learn from her!
22 missionaries are going home this transfer and only 7 are coming in. They're making a lot of changes in the mission!
 
It sounds like every one is enjoying their Christmas season! I can't believe my best friend returns from his mission this week?! Crazy! And that Katie will find out the gender.. My final guess is a GIRL :) What an exciting week!
 
We've had such a busy week! We've been busy with a lot of less-active work and appointments. We have had such an incredible transfer.. I've learned so much these past couple transfers.. I've been thinking a lot about the importance of taking every situation as a learning experience and an opportunity to grow. We've seen so many miracles these past three months.. the work is really progressing here and that is a testimony to me that the Lord is in the details of this work. He knows his children and he knows his missionaries and is continually pouring out his blessings. I'm so grateful!
 
So, cool miracle!
I mentioned in my email a few weeks ago about a miracle that came from our service. We were helping a family in our ward move and their friend (who is a non-member) was there and asked for the missionaries to be sent to her home in San Diego. Well, we found out yesterday that the missionaries got in contact with her and she is now taking the lessons! She has never had any type of religion in her life and has always wanted the joy that she saw members of the church have.
The members of our ward were also very excited.. they aren't very active and they've been coming the last few weeks. Their experience with their friend is strengthening them and motivating them to be good examples. Member missionary work is the best. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass!

We taught Charlie the restoration this week and he came to all three hours of church yesterday! He is progressing really well. He's already read past 2nd Nephi.. he said, "I'm usually not a fast reader.. but I can't put this book down." You can just see the spirit working in him.. it's been so great. He has a lot of sincere questions, but his hang-up is that he won't pray about the Book of Mormon. We are going to be meeting with him this week and hope that we can figure out exactly why.

Eduardo also came to church again! We're not sure how much he comprehends and understands, but he has great faith and we love having him at church!
 The gomez family wasn't able to make it. We met with them and had a lesson focused on keeping Christ the center of our Christmas.. we showed them the "He is the gift" video and they really felt the spirit. Jessica and Suzette (the daughter's who are 13 and 11) Bore such powerful testimony.. they are so strong and they know the church is true. We asked Brother Gomez about how they would feel about being baptized and how sister Gomez would feel about it. He hasn't got back to us, but we really feel that they are ready. They love church, they love the gospel, they have the desire.. but we want it to be okay with their family!

We had many opportunities to do service this week and to "do good". There is no greater joy than seeing some one come unto Christ.. Whether it be a member, an investigator, a less-active member. I've especially seen my faith grow in my Savior these past couple weeks as we've been sharing the gift! I love this gospel and this work and I absolutley love the Book of Mormon. I know that it is the word of God!
What gift can you give the savior this Christmas season?
 
Love you all!!
Sister James
12-15-2014
Reuniting with my former companions
Saying goodbye to sister Brown
Ventura missionaries from Orem
Zone Conference
(notice we are the only sisters)
 
My dear "sister Knight"



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment