November 3, 2014

Another great week!


Family and friends!!

 
I hope ever one had a great week :) I got your package from the Barlow's. The sweet tooth fairy treats are already gone Ha. Aren't the Barlow's the best?! They are so involved in the work and consecrate all their time to the Lord. I forgot to mention that the Wood's (My fav. members from Ventura) now live in Camarillo 5th ward.. it's been so fun!

This week was great.. It was a week of miracles and tender mercies here in Camarillo! The Lord is leading this work.. I know it. We had exchanges this week! Sis. Draney came to Camarillo and we had such a good day!! I focused on using the Book of Mormon more effectively in the work and literally every person we met that was willing to listen.. was interested in reading the Book of Mormon. One experience that was really neat was meeting this man named Kevin.. He has had a really rough past and never believed in God. He told us that he really didn't care about anything or anyone and felt he had no purpose. He told us about his change of heart in coming unto Christ and we were able to relate it to Alma the younger in the Book of Mormon. He was soaking it all up and the spirit was extremely strong.. definately a tender mercy. The Book of Mormon is powerful. It's changed my life.

Enrique is so. ready.  I have never taught someone so prepared! He taught us the lesson this week and his testimony is unshakable. We asked him how he enjoyed conference and he goes, " It was an honor. Listening to the prophet of the world was the greatest honor. I KNOW he's the prophet of god." The spirit was so powerful in our lesson.. We invited him to be baptized on Oct. 25th and he sat there for a second.. and then finally said that he needs to pray about it. He came to church yesterday and he is continuing to read and pray because he wants to be sure. He really wants to put both feet in this gospel, which is a blessing to know he really views this as a covenant.. something very important. Keep praying for him!  We met with The Gomez fam this week! They made us REAL tacos... I love them. Oh, and I ate cow tongue this week! Which is nothing compared to what Haley is eating in Cambodia and what my friends are eating in South  America, but hey, I thought it was pretty spontaneous. We invited Sis. Gomez to take the lessons and she accepted!! She told us her concerns with everything and she says she just doesn't feel the spirit at church, like she does at her church. Coming from a catholic background she is pretty hesitant, but her heart has been softened and she has come such a long way. And they all came to church yesterday! Such a blessing. I forgot to mention but the 3 girls are 12, 10, and 8. None of them are members either, but they all have testimonies and love primary and YW. Please keep praying for them as well... This family is so dear to me!

 
We had a lot of opportunities to do service... my calling in my YSA ward even came in handy this week! Haha we taught Paige and Paris (9 yr old twins) How to lead music and helped them with their math homework.. (It's embarrassing how bad I am at math. 3rd grade math) That was fun! We also did some yard work and cleaning for a former investigator. Service softens hearts!

 
This work brings me so much joy... The lord could do this on His own, but He allows us to be a part of it because we grow and learn in so many ways. I've never been happier! The gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect. I know that this is the time the Lord is hastening his work and he will qualify the weak. We can be instruments in his hands and see miracles every day if we choose to. Like Elder Bednar said, "Our desire to share the gospel is a reflection of how important it is to us." Share because you love it.

 I love you all! Have an amazing week :)

New District in Camarillo
The Barlow's deliver a surprise from home!
 
Sister James with Cami from Ventura


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment