March 4, 2014

I'm in California!


Hey guys!!

 
Where do I even begin?! I'm serving right here and Ventura and I absolutely love it! It's beautiful here! It poured this week, but it was actually pretty fun and people let us in because it was raining sooo that was good :) My trainer, Sister Mason is AMAZING. Seriously, she's great and we work so well together. She's from mesa, AZ. She's here to work and I love it because she doesn't let a minute pass us up. I thought I was bold/confident/outgoing until I got here, but man it takes guts to share the gospel. I'm learning and growing so much though and although we are working hard, it's important to find joy in the work and laugh at the funny/awkward experiences. The area was white washed, so I'm learning how to actually read a map because sister Mason and I have no idea where we're going sometimes haha, but we're making it work!! Oh guess who my district leader is? The one and only Austin Mckinley. Pretty funny. Luckily, the sisters before us were able to set up appointments! We were able to teach our investigators Austin, Bruce, Ray, And Danni. Bruce has been meeting with missionaries for a few years now, but seems pretty content with where he is. He's in his 80's or so and tells us crazy stories. Yeah, he's insane haha. He told us he would attend church on Sunday and we called to remind him, but he wasn't able to make it!  Danni is doing AWESOME. We committed her to a baptismal date for May 3rd. She has been taught all of the lessons, but wants her mother to be at her baptism. We talked about temples, particularly, baptisms for the dead. We committed her to attend the temple after she is baptized and make that a goal for her future. She seems very excited :) Ray has a baptismal date for March 22nd. He is very, very receptive and desires to learn and to grow. Sister Mason and I have a goal to make sure he is ready and that this is what he wants because there are still a few things we need to teach him. There are a lot of less actives in our area so we have been visiting with them, but a lot of them aren't too fond of us! We visit them any way :) So We don't have a lot of time to email and I really want to respond to each of you, but I am out of time! I would love it if you could send me your home addresses so that I can write hand written letters. Ah I'm sorry I can't respond to them! I'll also send photos sooon, but I am out of time. I'm glad to hear that every one is doing well! I'm especially grateful for the plan of the salvation at this time with grandpa and his situation. Even though I want to be with him at this time, I know that I need to be here letting other people know that they can live with their families for forever through the gospel. This gospel brings me so much joy and peace and I feel so privileged to have to opportunity to share it here in Ventura. The lord is aware of each of us and he loves us more than we will ever be able to comprehend. Don't forget that! I love you all

 

Sister James

1 comment:

  1. Love your enthusiasm, Sister James!! You are awesome and radiate the Spirit :-) Love and prayers from us :-)
    The Harts

    ReplyDelete