March 18, 2014

A week of Miracles


Hey guys!

 It has been quite the week! Definitely a week of miracles. We weren't able to meet with Ray and Robert this week, but.. we met Tony on Thursday walking down the street. Tony met with missionaries a few years back when he lived in Arizona. He expressed to us that he loved what they taught him and that he still reads from the Book of Mormon! We invited him to church and talked to him briefly. He came to church on Sunday... AHHH and told us he felt very comfortable there and felt the spirit. We met with him after church so we could get to know him a little more and teach the restoration. He's been through a lot.. been in and out of prison, drug addictions, but he's been sober for a few years. Now he's really striving to give up smoking.. Sister Mason and I were able to bear testimony that he can do it with the Lord. We invited him to be baptized on April 26th and after hesitation, he accepted.. He's awesome, but we are trying to figure out if he's allll there. Sometimes he says some things that are kind of crazy, but we love him haha. I've been thinking a lot about the atonement this week.. anyone can come back. It is never too late. Through the savior's infinite atonement, we are healed... He truly wants us to come unto him and be made better through him. The savior loves us more than we can ever comprehend!

 Another miracle occurred when we went to visit a former Investigator, Linda. She told us through her window that she was busy and as we were walking away, she said, "Wait.. I need a prayer. I need you to come pray with me." She had surgery on her knee and was in a lot of pain. She told us she had been praying all morning and after we had prayed with her.. she told us that she knew the lord had sent us to her and her prayers were answered. The spirit was so strong. We weren't going to go to her home at that time, but Sister Mason Suggested that we should. God's timing is incredible. I'm seeing his hand in my life more than ever and if we follow the spirit we will be where he needs us in the exact right time.

 We had ward conference this week. Our stake President emphasized member missionary work and it made me super excited! I'm hoping that this will influence ward members even more to be involved in bringing others to the gospel. I love this work. I know it's the Lord's work and I'm learning something new each day. As I have been studying about covenants I have made each day, as a result from our zone goals, I'm developing a desire to help others make promises with the Lord as well. I want them to have the joy that I feel each day from making covenants with the Lord. Each week gets better and better! I feel so privileged to be a representative of Jesus Christ and testify each day. It's tough work, but it's so important to find the joy in it. With a lot of tracting, comes a lot of entertainment... Some people are CRAZY. If anyone knows me.. they know I'm sensitive and get my feelings hurt way too easy.. yeah, not any more haha. The funniest one this week was when this lady came running to the door because she thought we were girl scouts and when she saw that we were missionaries… the look on her face was priceless haha. Anyway, I love it here! I love missionary work and I love all of you!!

 Sista James

No comments:

Post a Comment