March 11, 2014

Another great week in Ventura!


Hi every one!

This week was incredible!! I am developing such a passion and love for this work. I love it more and more each day. I love the people.. They're all so great. I feel the prayers of all of you! Especially this week with Grandpa's passing. I haven't felt sorrow for one second, only peace. Being here has given me such an eternal perspective. I don't feel afraid or sad because I know with all of my heart, that we will once be together again. I feel the savior by me more than ever and it was interesting because in my studies before president called, I read D&C 42:46 "and it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them."  Grandpa did indeed die in him.. because he spent his whole life devoting eve thing to the lord. He will always be my hero and my best friend. How comforting to know that this life isn't the end.. We have so much to look forward to. I know he wouldn't want me doing an thing else at this time because he and grandma embraced missionary work. I've looked to his example countless times in my life, but especially during the short time I've been a missionary.. I've been thinking a lot about family this week, and I had a greater desire and drive to work and to bring this sweet knowledge and peace to others.

This week we were able to teach Robert! The other sister's met him tracting. He's in his 70's and probably one of the sweetest people I've ever met. On Saturday we met with him and he asked, "Okay, what do I have to do to become a member of this church. What do I have to give up?" We talked about the Word of Wisdom and his expression when we said "no coffee" was priceless! He said, "I can still have root beer right? I love that stuff." haha webore testimony that it will bless his life.. the spirit was so strong. We invited him to pray at the end of the lesson and he prayed that he would be able to give up his coffee. He also told us that what he was doing felt right.. and that it just makes sense. He really has such great faith and humility because he's so willing to change. He even attended church with us on Sunday even though he was really worried about feeling/looking out of place .He is progressing so well and truly has that desire to learn and to become a member of the church. He told us that he has only received kindness from church members and that's what drew him to take interest in it.

Danni is still doing so great! Since she has been taught all of the lessons, we have been reading through the Book of Mormon with her, so she can better understand it and how it applies to her life.

 I have seen the Lord's hand countless time throughout my life, but especially this week. If we put all of our faith in him, obey with exactness, and work hard.. He WILL bless us. He will bless us with opportunities to learn, to grow, and to meet those that need the gospel. He will make up for our weaknesses if we strive to give all that we are to him. I truly love this work and I love each of YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Love your smile and positive attitude! Your enthusiasm is contagious! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your grandfather-you are right about your grandpa and D&C 42:46. I know that he is proud of you and what you are doing. Keep on with the awesomeness, Sister James!!
    Love, The Harts :-)

    ReplyDelete