February 15, 2015

The gospel is for everyone!

Hello family!

 It's been a wonderful week- we are seeing miracles every day :)

 This past week we had interviews with President Felix, which I really enjoyed. He is so inspired!!  Sister Felix and he are just amazing. We also had exchanges this past week. I went to Ventura! My goal was to work on following the spirit in asking inspired questions and tailor questions to individuals. It was amazing how The Lord placed so many people in our path, who gave so much feedback.. Most of the people we met asked us questions and it was so much easier to follow the spirit and teach to their needs. The sweet sister's also planned a surprise for me... I SAW TONY! :) He is doing so well.. and it was really special for me to teach him and see that he has grown immensely! He has changed so much through the atonement - There is nothing greater than seeing that change in others :)

Heather is doing Amazing!! Our lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ went very well.. she has been praying and reading and feels like this is what she needs. She's so humble and has real intent.. We asked her why she wants to be baptized and she told us that she just wants to feel closer to God and start fresh and put her old life behind her.. she feels like this is what is best for her family. She is such a special person and her family is very prepared! We have committed her to be baptized on February 21st and she is determined to prepare for that date! We're hoping to include Max and Madeline in this next lesson, so that they too can prepare to be baptized as a family. The ward outreach has been amazing! We were talking to her friend, Sister Peterson, who will be moving. Something that really touched me that sister Peterson said was that Heather was the LAST person and the last of her friends she thought would be interested in the gospel.. we talked a bit about how, we must never assume who will and who will not accept the gospel. We have to share with every one and give them the opportunity to accept it. The gospel is for everyone!

We sang in sacrament meeting yesterday, so we invited every one! The Gomez family came this week, which was a blessing because it's been a little while :) and our dear Sister Knight came.. It made my week! She is the less-active that we have been working with and she hasn't been in a looong time, so that was a huge miracle! The meeting was amazing and I hope and pray that she felt the spirit touch her heart and she will have a desire to continue to come!

I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord and to communicate with him each day. I've never prayed so much in my life.. and I'm so, so grateful for the opportunity I have to ask Heavenly Father for help!  There is so much power in prayer and I could not do this work without his divine aid! I know that there is power in praying for our goals and praying to find those who are elect! It works.. Maybe not in the way we expect, but he gives us what we need. He knows best!

 I love you all!
E koaua te ekaretia (The church is true!!) :)

Sister Angimarau's birthday!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment