August 24, 2014

Staying in Santa Barbara


Fam and Friends!

Hey everyone! Well, I'm staying in Santa Barbara!! I'm staying with Sister Ashworth.. BUT we're getting a new companion. We're Tri-Pan training.. I'm super excited! It's definitely going to be a different experience.. teaching with TWO companions and doing everything with one more missionary. It will be fun :) I don't know if she's going to be able to handle both Sister Ashworth and I .. we're hooligans.

Anyway, this week was great!! Sister Ashworth's birthday is on Friday, So we had the opportunity to go to the LA temple…it was incredible. (I will attach photos) I missed it so much.. It was really refreshing and especially helped me remember the importance of my covenants. It was definitely different because I feel more in tune spiritually as a missionary and my relationship with God is so much deeper now… It was an unforgettable experience.

We met with Ben and Natalie yesterday... Unfortunately, it didn't go so well. Because of some cultural differences and some other issues they are having, we will be postponing their baptism, but please, please keep them in your prayers! They are so special to us.

I've been thinking a lot about all that I have learned this transfer... I think I've grown the most these past seven weeks. I'm learning what it really means to put these investigators before myself and fulfill my purpose as a missionary in doing all that I can to help them come unto Christ. I have a sure testimony that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. He blesses us in times of confusion and in those times when we need direction. He knows his children so perfectly and truly wants us to have joy in this life. I've also been thinking about TIME and how fast it flies!! .. :) It just shows how short our life is here on this earth.. we have to make the most of it and realize what matters most in the eternal perspective. I love this work and I love my savior Jesus Christ!!
Love
Sister James

Sister Ashworth's birthday
 
Sister James and one of her many gentlemen friends!

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment