September 22, 2014

Leaving Santa Barbara!


Family and Friends!

 Well, I'm going to CAMARILLO!!! :) (Member missionary work territory!) I'm super excited!! I'm going to be serving in the 5th ward with Sister Brown. Sister Brown  and I served together in Santa Barbara ward my first 2 transfers here and I know that we'll work super well together! It's bitter-sweet because I have fallen in love with Santa Barbara and the people here, but I can't wait to take all that I've learned here and serve in a new area. I know without a doubt that I was called here for a reason.. It's where I've grown and learned the most. It's broken me out of my shell and refined my testimony of this work and the gospel. Man, I'll miss it, but I'm really looking forward to a new experience!

 These past couple weeks have been super busy and so GREAT! We've been going from appointment to appointment and had a lot of service opportunities. I don't have a lot of time, but good news.. Ben and Natalie are getting baptized on Oct. 17th! :) I'm so happy for them and the progression that they're making.

 
We had a zone conference with Elder Malm (of the 70) this weekend! It was amazing.. I received a lot of much needed personal revelation. He focused on how THIS is the time of that the Lord truly is hastening his work and that we were saved for this time to assist him. He talked about how every one that we come in contact with has already said yes to the Lord's plan and we need to see them as yes-sayers and see their divine potential. He also said this, "There are NO limits as his servants, regardless of other's agency." I'm learning that I shouldn't be as hard on myself and that at the end of the day.. if I've done my very best, I can be proud of my work and that It's about losing myself in the joy if it. This is the most glorious, joyful work and I love it with all my heart! Thank you for all your support and love :)

Sister James

 
 
Awkward hugger
"Selfies!"

Going to miss Santa Barbara!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment