July 7, 2014

I don't ever want to leave Santa Barbara!

Hey all!
 
So, I came to the conclusion this week.. that I would be okay with serving the rest of my mission in Santa Barbara. I love the people.. I love the work here. So many people to talk to and so many opportunities to share the gospel. This week was so great. I already love sister Ashworth. I always get disappointed that my companions get transferred and then I always love my new one haha. We have been together for a short time, but have already witnessed many miracles. We are already so unified and work really well together!! What I enjoy most about serving with her, is we have the same goals and dedication to this work.. She likes to work and I like to work. Within our first ten minutes here in Santa Barbara, we had a powerful lesson, just in the Trader Joes parking lot!! She's from Georgia (but doesn't have an accent and every one bugs her about it haha). We have 14 missionaries in our district.. and more sisters than elders.. ah!!
 
The Lord placed so many wonderful people in our path this week! On Wednesday, we had planned to see a few potentiels and knock a street, but we felt impressed to do some street contacting on a different street. We found two new investigators! (We passed one off to the YSA elders) and a man who was very interested in attending church. His name is Josue and he actually contacted us on Saturday, letting us know that he would try to make it next week! Such a miracle. HE texted us.. that never happens ha!! We also met with Jimbo!! Jimbo is a homeless man (so we may be passing him off to the elders) he has such a good heart.. he's just a very geniune person, but has had a super rought ife. The other Sister's actually met him and invited him to church.. he came yesterday and ast week. When we talked to him this week he mentioned that he had a lot of questions about the Book of Mormon and really enjoyed our gospel principles class.The lesson was on honesty and he had such great insight.. he has a very powerful spirit about him and we are very excited to be meeting with him this week!
We met with our investigator Marge twice this week. She is 87 years old and actually has a grand son, who is a member of the church. Sister X and I found her a couple weeks ago and she said we could come back. We taught her the plan of salvation this week and she said it was a "perfect plan." We really focused on how this plan will bring her so much joy and centered it on eternal families. She is pretty sharp for 87, but we are seeking out a way to help her attend church, so she can feel the spirit there. She grew up attending the congregational church, but never really devoted herself to it. She has a firm belief in Christ, so it has been great to help her enhance that!!
We met a man named John, street contacting on Saturday! We had a really godd conversation about change and the atonement, so we invited him to meet with us. He politely denied, so we put our phone number on the back of the pamphlet we gave him, just in case he had changed his mind or had any questions. Well, yesterday he called us and expressed that he wanted to meet with us and learn more! Such a blessing.. I know that Heavenly Father is directing this work. As we show him that we are willing to serve with all our heart, might, mind, and strength, he will place those who are ready ito recieve the gospel in our path. This transfer I am really focusing on listening in sincerity and really focusing on the needs of those we meet. I've already felt the spirit filling my mouth and I'm understanding how important it is to truly listen before we open our mouth and share. I have also been reflecting on the love I feel for my savior and how I feel his presence in my life more than ever before. I know that this work is so important and as we rely on him and trust in him (when we do see those miracles), he will bless us!! Thanks for all the support and prayers. Love you all so much!!

Sister James

District with smoothies!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment