June 17, 2014

Loving Santa Barbara


Hey guys!!

I Love Santa Barbara already!!! It's a dream here.. the houses, the beach.. it's great. I will send photos soon! It's seriously another world. Very different from any where I have been! The work is a little different, because we do a lot more street contacting! I love it. We have the opportunity to talk to so many people! There's a lot of crazy people, but that's okay haha. There's a of tourists here too, especially because it's a holiday! My new companion is the cutest! Her name is Sis. Xayadeth  (sigh. a. debt.) Haha it's Laotian. We both have LISPS! and we both look like we're 15!! We're twins :) I love her already. I've been blessed with the greatest companions!! They each teach you something by example and you learn soo much from them.

So We met this lady named Ginger this week.. She opened her door and she goes, "I ALREADY HAVE JESUS!" haha After some small talk, she decided that she wanted to let us in because she thought we were sweet. Haha she said she never does that.. She's a very faithful person who LOVES Jesus Christ. She told us about her life experiences in which she really had to rely on him. She told us that she thinks God sent us to her because she needs us at this time! We went back on Saturday.. and well, she was a little tipsy.. haha she kept apologizing!! It was definitely interesting. and we invited her to be baptized and read the Book Of Mormon! She told us she was already baptized, so we want to focus on the priesthood authority regarding baptism and also, go back when she had a clearer mind.. hahaha

We met with Barbara (a less active member) and her daughter, Eve! We invited Eve to be baptized on June 14th! She's 8 years old, but will be turning 9 in a couple days. She's a very smart little girl and loves primary, but they haven't been to church in a year or so. Barbara really wants her girls to be more involved and grow up in the gospel, so she knows it's important to make it a priority.

We met several new investigators this week and did a lot of finding activites! A lot of them were passed to YSA but, I'm really excited to see what this next week will bring and excited to get to know the area and ward members better!! It was so much fun to find out that Kev's aunt is in the ward!! We're going to take a picture and send it soon :)

 

This week I read the talk, "The 4th missionary" (a famous missionary talk) You should all read it! It really changed my perspective of missionary work.. it helped me reflect upon how I can be better as a missionary and how I can be a better servant of my heavenly Father. Lawerence E. Corbridge said, " You may permit the Lord to change your nature if you give yourself to him and to his work. He cannot work on what he does not have and he cannot have you, unless you give yourself to him." It's about submitting ourselves 100% and serving him with every thing that we are. I love this work and I love that I am able to recognize his hand and his love. It's such a blessing to share my testimony with others, and in return.. grow and learn myself!! I LOVE YOU ALL! Have an amazing week!!

 

Sister James

May 26, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment